Adult content warning!

Adult content warning!

This blog includes texts which are not suitable for minors. So, if you are under the age of 18 or if my entries might offend you, please leave immediately.

Now!

Shoo! Shoo!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

W.B. Yeats Lake Isle of Innisfree - give it a chance

Lake Isle of Innisfree
I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;
Nine bean rows will I have there, a hive for the honey bee,
And live alone in the bee loud glade.

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet's wings.

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart's core.
                     - W.B. Yeats





It is not my own writing, but one of my absolute favourite poems ever. I love the peaceful setting and the feeling of harmony it creates.

5 comments :

  1. This is a nice poem. Have you ever been to Lough Gill?

    Thanks for following my blog! You have a number of interesting entry posts that I think I will share with my wife. You and your husband's dynamic is a little different than ours but that's ok. I still find it interesting and honestly there is a lot of overlap between DD and D/s. Stop by and comment any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sir,
    thank you for your comment and for following my blog. I have just read in your thoughtsontttwd blog and could only agree. .... And I really loved the bit about the evil hormones, because it sounded so familiar and I really feel this urge to apologize to my husband once more for the trouble I create at times.

    As for your question, no, we have not been to Lough Gill yet, though I would love to see that place. We have been to some parts in the North, where I liked the Giant's causeway best, because it is unlike anything I have ever seen before.
    I have not yet read through too many parts of your blog, but I'd like to see what the differences in our dynamics are. According to my husband it is probably because with me -and I quote- 'it is all different' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually my blog is http://newmarriagedynamic.blogspot.com , but thoughtsontttwd is a good one too :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Sir,
    thank you for your comment, I also follow the newmarriagedynamic blog, though I still have trouble with all the technical bits, which is probably the main reason why I thought thoughtsonttwd is yours, too. I apologize for my mistake, but anyone who knows me would expect just this kind of thing to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw you were following my blog so I clicked your link to follow yours - it brought up your Google+ wall. It took me a few minutes to find your blog but finally I did. I think some of the confusion is that not everyone has Google+ account set up (like myself) even though .blogspot.com is through Google.

      Either way, no worries. Thanks again.

      Delete

You are invited to leave a comment. I appreciate your interest and feedback and will try to answer. But please, no insults and don't be rude.