Adult content warning!

Adult content warning!

This blog includes texts which are not suitable for minors. So, if you are under the age of 18 or if my entries might offend you, please leave immediately.

Now!

Shoo! Shoo!

Friday, August 7, 2015

The kitchen incident 1


A whiff of fresh air touches my back and makes me turn around. I had such a wonderful dream about veggie salad and Nutella. Does anybody know if snails have got a deeper meaning in dreams?  … Don’t ask; my excuse is it was a dream. However pickled cucumber with Nutella have been extremely awesome earlier today! :)

Our bedroom is dark, with the window wide open and the cool air of a fresh breeze wakes me up more than I like. There is almost no sound up here, well, from the garden I hear a huffing and puffing hedgehog, but in the house all is quiet. Good, Tilda is fast asleep; we’ve been through some bad teething nights, so, when she is quiet, things are good. I frown. Where is hubby? His sheets are sprawled all over his side of the bed. Empty. I stop breathing, listen again and hear faint sounds from downstairs. Sitting up in bed, I try to see a little more in the darkness.
What is he doing downstairs at the dead of night? 3.30 am, so this is not normal, not even in our house. Besides, usually it is I who would be up and get something to eat or drink. I am getting cold, which is no surprise, because the bed is always colder when he is not there. Or maybe it is that I am in the nude and no longer snuggled into my warm sheets. For a short moment my thoughts about him keeping me warm in different ways let me feel the pleasant butterflies in my stomach before I return to the present. It is not warm tonight. My feet are unpleasantly cold, and I hurry to put on my infamous fluffy moose house shoes, snuggle into my dressing gown and feel it over my belly, which makes me smile again. I am so proud to have that little bump and love it dearly.
Quietly I open the door, listen downstairs. There is a wonderful sweet smell all over the house. Ah ok, that’s the fridge door. That’s the cutlery drawer. Cupboard. Ok, sounds like an after midnight snack. Great idea, I'll see what I can lay my hands on. I'd love to surprise him, because we have been busy lately, so our reconnections have been short and not too many. Accordingly, an intimate moment with hubby would be a treat. Oh yes, and of course I'll demand my fair share of the spoils, whatever the fridge has to offer. As I tiptoe down the stairs I see soft light fall into the corridor. I open the door a little wider and see hubby doing something at the kitchen counter. Compared to the cool bedroom it is blazing hot in the kitchen, and I think the warmth makes me tired, so I yawn, audibly.

Hubby turns his head to me. Uh oh, it seems I have interrupted him. He looks a little disappointed. Darn. Not a good start for an early morning snack.
“What are you doing down here!? Have I been too noisy? Sorry, sweetie.” I shake my head. Oh snap, clever reply, girlie. Finally I manage to clear my throat and speak.
“No, all was ok, but I missed you in bed.” I step closer and try to see what he is hiding on the kitchen counter. “What have you been doing here? Have you seen what time it is?”
He nods and grins. “It’s a surprise, and it is a secret till then. Come, sit down.” Hubby leads me to my kitchen chair, takes my hands, puts them on the table. “Don’t move, close your eyes, keep ‘m shut, hear me?!” I know better than to create trouble before daylight. 
“Yes, Sir” He kisses my cheek and seems to chuckle. “Good girl.” Hmmm I love that. More, please. 

He leaves and it becomes almost quiet again. For me it is practically dark in our brightly lit kitchen. Suddenly I wish I had come down naked, because it is so awfully hot in here and that makes me sleepy. So, tired as I am, depraved of sight and touch, all left to do is smell.
It smells sweet, like biscuits. Yummy. I visualize the sweetest oatmeal  biscuits and this is more than enough to make me drool. I must have been in biscuit dreamland, because hubby has returned without me noticing and touches my hair from behind.
“This will make it easier for you”, he says as he puts a sleep mask on me. 
“What is this for? Why? What are you doing? Give me some idea, pleeeaase.” I can hear him rummaging somewhere to my left. He chuckles again. “Thank you that you think I am so funny. Sir.” Ooops, that came out harshly. But I am getting hungry from all the sweet odours and secrecy.
“You better behave, or I will not tell you anything and send you upstairs.” I sigh audibly, facing left, where I think hubby might be. “Sorry, I didn’t want to be rude. But this makes me seriously hungry. I feel starved! That’s not funny.” No joke, instead of my Uber-sexdrive from last year, I need food.

I almost jump when he whispers from the right side “Sweetie, just a little longer, you’ll love it. Promise.” He kisses my cheek again, whereas my attempt to kiss him fails and I kiss the air. I hear his chuckles again. I try begging. “Can I get a hint, Sir, just something to keep me busy, pleeaase?”
He breathes sharply in. Ooopsy, the queen is not amused? “Ok, one tip. It is colourful.”
Oh that could mean a lot. Colourful food?! Everything in our house is about colour. No idea what food is colourful. “Can I ask, and you answer yes or no?” Chuckles. “You don’t give up, do you? I’ll answer what I want to, to keep you nosey girl busy.”

“Thank you, Sir. Are they cookies?” I grin. Haha, I must have won.
“No, sweetie. My turn. I think the rules of this game are not clear to you yet.” Suddenly a sharp, disgusting odor invades my nose. “Eeew, what’s that?!”
“Sweetie, it takes two to tango. Every time you get a ‘no’, I’ll let you smell something, or even put something into your mouth. This was onion.” I am really bewildered, kind of. “Do you still want to play?”  I can virtually hear his smirk, because he knows perfectly well that smells can currently drive me crazy and make me jump to the bathroom. He must think I'd chicken out. 

"Ok, let's play..."




I'll try to finish writing down the rest of what happened soon. :)

There are no other news up to now, so we'll wait and see.


Wishing you all a wonderful and most peaceful weekend, 

unless you want a 
most exciting fun weekend, then I hope you get that!


12 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing the fun Nina but you're a stinker for leaving us hanging. ;) Looking forward to finding out the surprise. Hugs and tummy tickles to Tilda.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL, hi Cat, the cliffhanger seems to have worked (I was way beyond sleeping time when I wrote this down). :) Actually the surprise is not spectacular, but we enjoyed it, and it has a special meaning for us. I have given Tilda hugs and tummy tickles, twice, once before and once after our baby swimming lesson. Snuggle time is wonderful!

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nina, ooh, this sounded like some wonderful early morning fun, I enjoyed reading this :) Now I want to know what the surprise was too. Cuddles to Tilda.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, thank you, it was a great early morning! :) It is somehow beyond crazy for us at the moment, but -apart from granny- actually in good ways, my younger sister is pregnant too and we are due only two weeks apart, so we try to find additional time to compare our bumps ... well, more like comparing hopes, expectations, sorrows, and the best ways to get through the summer. It was similar when I was pregnant with Tilda, but then it was one of my sisters in law, so we couldn't meet as often as we would have loved to. We also try to make the best out of this summer and meet with family and friends a lot, but I'll write things down as soon as possible. I hope nobody will be too disappointed, because the surprise is really not such a big thing, but I love it, because it is from hubby and has a special meaning for us. :) Tilda got your cuddles, she loves them and can never get enough. :)

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  4. I was going to write what isn't good with Nutella, but then I thought about it, and no, the pickled cucumber with Nutella, nope. Although hopefully soon it will sound more appealing.....:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, well Nutella and pickled cucumber is better than it sounds. :) Oh cool, that's awesome! Keeping fingers crossed that things work out nicely, maybe it will be cheese and ketchup or cheese and strawberry jam for you, then?

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  5. Oh this was so sweet! I love how he amped up the sensory stimuli of smells. Although I'm with you on certain ones sending you running for the loo! I remember retching up my stairway to our apartment when pregnant!
    Brave girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle, hubby loves sensory play, and usually it is great fun. But currently some smells are simply too awful. I get you so well on what happened on the stairway, wish somebody invented a medicine that switches off the nose during pregnancy. :)

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  6. Hi Ni Na -

    Sounds like you are doing good overall.

    I really enjoyed this post; just something about how you described the whole scene from the bed to the kitchen. So well written.

    Sorry, but curiosity forces me to ask, have you always slept in the nude or just since you have been pregnant? That is always the opposite challenge with My Girl, she is always cold and I always run warm.

    Best,
    Enzo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Enzo, thank you for your kind words. I prefer sleeping naked, and hubby wants me to sleep naked too. However he does not insist when it is cold outside. While pregnant I can do as I like it best, but while nursing I have always worn something. That's over for the moment, and since it is warm summer weather here, I love sleeping in the nude again. I am sorry to hear that your girl is always cold. Maybe a hottie could help?

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  7. Hi Nina, :) Pickled cucumber and nutella... I can see how that might be tasty- LOL! Enjoy! I went off tuna one pregnancy (and I LOVE tuna), and I could never get enough of green apples with all four pregnancies back in the day. Funny what things appeal to women during those kinds of times.

    Cliffhanger!!! I too cannot wait to see what happened in the kitchen. Sounds like your hubby had quite a special little surprise for you. Some of the best things are the little things that mean so much. I cannot wait to hear all about it. I love what you wrote about it all so far.

    Hope that you are having a nice weekend! I've got your Granny and you all in my thoughts and prayers. Many hugs and a tiny Tildy squeeze,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, how wonderful that you are back! Green apples sound great, a little on the sour side would be best. :) I fully get you about the tuna (love it too). For me the no go was roasted sausage with Tida, and now it is the same. Just the smell of it is enough for me to run to the loo, eww.
      But on the positive side I can always go and smell Tilda! How wonderful is that! :) She got your hugs and a tiny squeeze, we both love doing that, it is part of our quality time.

      The cliffhanger was actually only there because it was so late that I was too tired to write on. However I want to finish it, because it was a fun time and is such a good memory. Oh and it is one of the lovely little things that mean so much, you are so right with that.

      … I will take longer with my writing though, because currently we are all so worried and in deepest sorrow because of granny. I don't even know how to say how bad her condition has become this week. :( Sorry to put that here.
      I am so grateful for all prayers and good thoughts for granny, thank you (and hugs) for these Katie. In this moment they mean so much, and she will feel the warmth she has received from you.

      hugs <3

      Nina

      Delete

You are invited to leave a comment. I appreciate your interest and feedback and will try to answer. But please, no insults and don't be rude.