Adult content warning!

Adult content warning!

This blog includes texts which are not suitable for minors. So, if you are under the age of 18 or if my entries might offend you, please leave immediately.

Now!

Shoo! Shoo!

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Ta-da! Back again! :)



 After a lovely week we returned from our visit to my in-laws late last night, something around midnight, as we had to drive out of Hamburg. That made the whole trip an hour longer than it would have been otherwise. We girls are all tired today, Kate has managed to drink some milk, but fell asleep still latched on, Tilda was not the early bird she usually is either, and I could have slept on forever. I don’t know how he did it, but hubby was up early, fresh and cheerful, when I still felt crinkled and wrinkled. He enjoys being here somewhere in nowhere, because it is like another holiday trip for him.

Being back with the family was awesome and we enjoyed that we had so much quality time. I love my parents in law dearly, and wished we’d live closer. Due to all the Brexit things going on when we were there one of the running jokes was that we might be back sooner than expected, if Britain decided to leave the EU. Well, they did, and I wonder where we’ll be in five years. And would I have to ask for a British or only for an English passport by then? :) The trouble is, no matter where we live, we’d always have to fly to see the other half of the family. Flying?! Oh please, not that. The least British Airways could do is offer general anaesthetics to make the journey more pleasant. I’d appreciate this a lot. 



Anyways, I have not been driving a car for a whole week, because nobody was willing to risk that, they say. Pfft ignorant lot. Actually it was only one of hubby’s brothers who said that, but the others giggled. Besides, my mother-in-law never would say this, and she’d even let me drive her car, though I declined politely after hubby’s warning expression. Or was it pleading? :) 



Whatever. And then it was Friday again, the dreaded day of leaving. I absolutely don’t like that part, even less so because mil and fil have trouble with departures too. My mother-in-law and I did enough crying for three. :) Leaving the sweetest parents-in-law behind was so hard, I’ll never get used to this. The good news is that they'll come over in December. I can't wait for that.

Due to circumstances we’ll be outside the city for the summer. We hope that things will go back to normal in autumn, though I do not really know why they should, because the monster who is responsible for our move is still there and he’d have to be caught red-handed while approaching me in any form. That’s scary in itself, and I am also afraid of what might happen if hubby was the one who’d lay hands on the monster. I mean, I do not condone violence in any form, but I am relieved to have a husband who is able to protect us, because I fear for our safety here. Last time just seeing this guy let me freak out and run for the hills. Frustrating as it is, I feel pretty helpless because I cannot even keep calm when thinking about these things. It was nice to forget this stuff for a week, and being outside Hamburg lets me feel much better for the moment.

Today we went to the hospital to see granny. All of us, and I was happy to see her lying in her bed. My thoughts might have wished for her being in a better place at times, and I am not sure if this is something I should be ashamed of or not, because I love her. However, seeing her today was just good. She was simply there and that was comforting. Seeing granny was good, tomorrow I’ll probably tell her all about our trip, and during the week Amy will be here as well, so we’ll visit together. :)

Friday was supposed to be maintenance night, but I don’t think they would have liked that at the airport. So we had maintenance tonight, and instead of feeling sleepy as I should, I am somehow wide awake and feeling pleasantly relaxed. :)

Wishing you all a 
very happy 
weekend!

12 comments :

  1. Hi Nina, glad you had such a wonderful time with the family, leaving again is hard. I'm so sorry about the monster and hope things are resolved quickly and that you can return to normal life.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, I wished we could have stayed longer! :) We also hope that things will be better again soon, that would be great news.

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a good time in the UK and back safely. We will have accept the results of the referendum and move on as optimistically as possible.
    hugs D F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DF, we had a wonderful time, even the weather was not always bad. :) I hope you are feeling better too, and maybe the consequences of the referendum will not be as bad as it might sound now. Let's hope for the best.

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  3. glad you had such a wonderful vacation with family. leaving is always so hard. hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terps, we had a lot of fun, on Father's day there were seven little ones in the house to play with Tilda and Kate, and I loved to catch up on what is going on in the family, and to connect. Too bad that we had to leave so soon, and that is really hard.

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  4. Hi Nina, glad you had such a lovely time with your family. I hope the monster leaves you alone, what an awful situation to be in.
    I feel like that about my mum, it is understandable. When people we care for are suffering so much you just want it to end for them.
    We have got grandbaby staying with us for a while as the kids are moving house. I have never been so tired in my life, lol. She is on the go non stop! love to your girls
    love Jan, ss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, family time was awesome. :) Well, too short, but I am still happy that we could go in the first place. And the timing was great too, because of safety. Last week Amy was here, which was great, and in general being up here is more like holiday than anything else. However there are some changes that come along with us not staying in our home in Hamburg. Both girls will do their new swimming course here, and I'd have loved to keep closer contact to some of the moms and babies in Hamburg, which is difficult when we are not there. :(
      Going to the hospital is nice again, maybe it is because there is less driving around involved, but I am more at peace than I have been since around March, and I am glad to see granny there, even if she does not react. And at the same time I am not sure any more what would be best for her.

      I am happy for you having grandbaby with you, and you should tell your son and dil to take their time, so that baby will be with you for a few more days! I think I get you too well on being tired, but when babies smile and show how happy they are ... just wonderful! :) I have given kisses and hugs to Kate and Tilda (loong before my reply, sorry for being late with it!)and Tilda for sure loves that and definitely wants you to have hugs and kisses from her too. :) She tries to kiss people she likes. Wet affair. :)

      hugs and love

      Nina

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh I read a few days ago and forgot to comment! So sorry!
    I'm happy you had such a wonderful visit with your in laws! It is always hard to leave family!
    Funny about the car! Lol... Especially the way you couldn't decifer between a warning or pleading!
    I'm glad you had a visit with granny. I know this time is precious. It's hard when we see our loved ones like that!
    I sure hope the monster is caught and taken far away from you and is never a problem again!
    Enjoy your sweeties. It's such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle, our time with the family was awesome, I'd have loved it to be longer. :) I think hubby told my in-laws all the stories about my driving habits, but that is years ago by now, before the babies were there. Now I drive slower and carefully. But the English drive on the other side, and that is a real problem for me, because I mix up left and right at times. :)
      We go to granny every morning, and I know she is not waking up, but I am kind of looking forward to see her in her bed. The doubts are there, though.
      The monster is awful. In some moments it really vexes me that this awful man still has some kind of influence over my life. Forgetting will not happen, I know, but just coming to terms with what has happened as good as possible would be a nice change. Well, we'll see. We enjoy our time here as much as possible, and make the best of it all.

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  6. Hi Nina

    This post has all sorts of emotions in it doesn't it? I guess I'll just say I hope you can find or maintain some sort of contentment in all aspects of your life. It would appear that the most important part, your little family, offers that!

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi willie, you are so right by saying that all sorts of emotions are in this post. The week before we flew to the UK was pretty rough for me, and it made me awfully nervous that there is still someone out there who wants to harm me. I guess the tension shone through in this post, and it has taken most of the last week to lessen, because we should be fine here, and having my bestie around was wonderful to get rid of most of what bothers me.

      Sometimes I can push all that far away and then things are back to normal, and at other times the babies are all it takes to let me forget the unpleasant things, but there are also some moments when this does not really work, and that is no fun when it happens.

      But all in all things are getting better, and I love making this place comfy for all of us, and to create the lovely times for the babies, for hubby and for friends. So, I think the contentment is back, and our family is a major reason for that. :)

      love (no hug, I know)

      Nina

      ps: sorry for the Happy Canada hug,I couldn't stop myself. :)

      Delete

You are invited to leave a comment. I appreciate your interest and feedback and will try to answer. But please, no insults and don't be rude.