Adult content warning!

Adult content warning!

This blog includes texts which are not suitable for minors. So, if you are under the age of 18 or if my entries might offend you, please leave immediately.

Now!

Shoo! Shoo!

Friday, December 26, 2014

The second best Christmas present – 26th very late night edition

Whoa, what a ride! Down into the basement of disappointment in the morning and then I got the second best Christmas present ever. The best being Mathilda (of course!). :-D

I am sorry to make such a fuss about things. But this was a really wild ride for me today. And since I do not want my venting entry to be the newest entry, … I sneaked into the office to write a few lines from the bright side of life. :) It is late here and everybody else is in bed and I’ll go there soon too, but this is just too special. Hmmm, I would have made this a quiz if I had had the patience to wait until somebody guessed what happened, but I simply cannot wait. This is awesome and I am reeeaaalllly excited about it. Forget excited, happy is the word.
 
So, in the morning hubby left rather abrupt and unexpectedly and since we had completely different plans than that, I was really disappointed. … Now I feel a little bad because I was, but that’s another story. Tilda asleep, hubby gone, nobody to call, ‘Do they know it’s Christmas time’ on the radio... What a bummer to hear that refrain when you are all of a sudden left alone at home. 

Clever me thought that I should tidy and prepare everything (after three anti-frustration biscuits), so that we would have more time without too many interruptions once hubby returned. This kept me busy in the kitchen and I had finished peeling potatoes when hubby was standing in the door. … He can be extremely subtle and sneaky. I had not heard him arriving nor coming through the door. He made a bloody serious face and that alone stopped me immediately. 

“Something has happened…” he said and I came to him, because he had opened his arms to give me a hug. With this serious face of his, it was as if I needed a lot of comfort and had to prepare for the worst … This was NOT funny! This was already a shock situation for me. He almost made me cry before I knew what was going on in the first place. The way he looked at me could have meant that somebody had died. So, those few steps from the kitchen counter to his arms were enough to devastate me completely. I did not know anything of what this really was about, yet. 

“You know, there is something you should know …”. Still the serious face. 

“Come here…”. I was in the doorway by then, in his arms, his coat around me. By then I think I was crying, because this was too much like other moments when it was most serious. 

“Look…” he turned me to the entrance. I had no idea what that meant. … Somebody was standing there, two were standing there. I hit hubby on the chest, because this was really so very mean, … and went directly on into the arms of my parents-in-law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

This was the biggest and most unexpected surprise and present that could have happened. Hubby and his parents had the idea to surprise me with this. Well, and they were simply too curious about their fabulous granddaughter, of course. :D So, we actually had a lot of family time today. Tilda got endless additional cuddles and my mother-in-law was so sweet with her that it makes me smile just when I think about the two of them together. Uhmmm, the whole day, after this rotten beginning, makes me smile. But not the part when hubby mislead me into thinking something horrible had happened. That w a s horrible and his mom scolded him for that. I did too, but it is not convincing when you do that while you are cheerful. 

I was so happy when I saw them and so relieved that I could forgive this prank immediately but I am very glad that I do not have any problems with the heart, because t h i s  way of surprising me is pretty strenuous!

I could not be cross with hubby, because he did something lovely by arranging everything so that his parents would be here for Christmas. I had thought we could only go and see them in spring, and now they are here! Awesome. :) He also said that he was sorry for creating that much of a shock in me, but I could see that he had trouble hiding his chuckles and grin. In some moments he might not have a clear idea just how convincing he can be when he does these things. 

It is late here, I am tired, happy and have to go to bed immediately. Next to me will be the big meanie and I will hold my cold feet at his legs to warm them up. Beware of my cold-footed revenge…




12 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Sunny, oh yes, this Christmas has been special out of different reasons and that hubby and his parents have surprised me with this, makes me endlessly happy.

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  2. Sitting here with a big smile on my face Nina...what a lovely surprise. I do understand the frustration you felt...I lived with one of those pranksters for many years and there were times it was all I could do not to take a caste iron skillet or rolling pin to his head! ;) Enjoy your visit.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, oh, that was a day I will never ever forget. It seems hubby would have prolonged this horrible prank if he had thought I could have taken more! … I’d gladly borrow your skillet occasionally, because hubby was not nice with his prank. But it turned into something wonderful, so I guess, hubby and I are even. :) It is just great that his parents are here, because they are so lovely and warm-hearted. It is only till Monday, but we enjoy this so much that it hurts (positively, but without a spanking reference!).

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  3. so happy your day turned out lively, even if it began with a shock.
    my revenge would be cold feet too!
    hugs DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DF, the beginning of this day was rather underwhelming and I was not sure when hubby would return. And his performance when he came back was pretty Oscar worthy, I’d say. He was so serious that I thought the good part of Christmas was over. Nevertheless, we are so happy here right now, so, apart from last night’s cold feet, I had and have no other revenge planned. … Until next time. :)

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  4. Hi Nina, what a wonderful surprise, I'm so glad the day ended on such a happy note, once you recovered from the shock that is. Hope you got hubby good with your cold feet lol :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz oh yes, and what a shock it was at first. But afterwards it was just awesome. I am happy that my in-laws are here and we are having a lovely time. … Hmmm, I could not really leave much of an impression with my cold feet. Hubby just turned over to the other side and slept on, but I feel like a winner. :)

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  5. Oh Nina, what a lovely surprise!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, oh yes, it is so awesome that they did this. I love my in-laws a lot and miss them very much throughout the year, when we cannot visit them, and now they just popped in for a short visit. I am pampering them, so that they want to come back again soon. :D
      I hope you had a lovely time in the cabin, the weather reports said that there was meant to be snow around Christmas.

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  6. So happy for you! Merry Christmas♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lillyanna, thank you, we are having a wonderful time! Merry Christmas!

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete

You are invited to leave a comment. I appreciate your interest and feedback and will try to answer. But please, no insults and don't be rude.