Adult content warning!

Adult content warning!

This blog includes texts which are not suitable for minors. So, if you are under the age of 18 or if my entries might offend you, please leave immediately.

Now!

Shoo! Shoo!

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Good week but not yet for Romeo and Juliet

Well, the title gives away most of the mood of this entry, I guess, so all I can do is make my mixed salad of topics sound a bit more enigmatic.

Sparkling eyes (ok, not really enigmatic)
This is going to be somewhat of a good week I believe. We were so worried from last week throughout the weekend, because one of my friends has fallen ill with cancer. Nevertheless, there are pretty good news about her by now and that has come as the biggest relief for us. She was so distraught and we could only try to comfort her until the more appeasing news came. The doctors say it is safe enough to have surgery at the beginning of January and they are confident that all will be well with her. We are simply grateful for these positive news and how much that has helped to bring back her full zest for life. It  might sound absolutely silly, but the difference was so visible just from the sparkle in her eyes that it left me speechless. So, that alone is something that makes this week a good one.

Boring but better
In addition, I got considerably more sleep lately (last week), because I feed Mathilda very late in the evening and for now there is only one other short nighttime drink before she wakes us early in the morning. This means that I can have around 4 to 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night in addition to around two or even three hours rest at night. ... Ok, this is boring news for most, but for us here it makes a major difference. Suddenly there is this tiny bit of additional energy and being less weary makes the days so much better too. Mine have been good days before too, because of Tilda, but being more awake makes everything more fun for me.

Looking for more
As a result, Tilda and I have finished decorating the house for Christmas. :) Hubby was impressed by what I had managed to do. Either this, or he was impressed because I had made it through the day without breaking something (happened now and then lately). Not sure yet, because somehow he had this sardonic smile all over his face when he came home. I trust him with my life, but I know that there is something going on when he has this look, a positive one ... and very attractive. I have missed this a little (<-- make it a huge 'little') during the last two months and I do admit that I have to work harder to gain back some more of our intimacy. I can't wait for spankings -as everybody knows by now- because they will help, but I think I have to make an effort to get back more of 'us'. Although this year's December is much better than last year's, hubby and I have trouble finding enough moments where we can be close. Hopefully this will change soon. I am not talking about a crisis, it is just that we both want to be close, but currently hubby is away most of the time, and when he is there, either he is tired, or I am already asleep. Lousy timing for romance and we do understand that due to so many different things we are really glad  to fall into bed and rest. ... Not ideal yet to revive any form of libido.

Monday morning mojo
Monday morning my doc has given me advice about how to get some of my mojo back. Well, actually it is a sort of  list, and I might write it down so that I can put it here. She had many good ideas and -surprise surprise- this will take time. Can you imagine how great it would have been to have my mojo back at Christmas, just to get spanked and afterwards ... yummy. But I don't believe it will be this way. Well, we can try, but any sort of impatience or pressure would take all the fun out of having adult fun, so I'll just wait and see. And I'll work on recollecting mojo, according to my doc's ideas.


Romeo: It was the nightingale, and not the lark,
That pierced the fearful hollow of thine ear.
Nightly she sings on yon pomegranate tree.
Believe me, love, it was the nightingale.
 
(poetic licence: it should be Juliet who says this, but she is still looking for her mojo at this time)




Juliet: Oh, come on, wake up, you know it was Tilda and not this darn bird!





Romeo: ... !



I wish you the best of weeks and hope you all finish wrapping your Christmas presents in time!


14 comments :

  1. Wishing you the best.

    Hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. As mm says, wishing you the best.
    Sometimes, just stop thinking about getting your mojo back and assume it's already back will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny, you are so right, there are some things I can do and assuming my mojo is there can help, but then again I have to wait and see if it works. If it doesn’t, I am not worried and there will be no pressure.

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  3. Hi Nina, sounds to me like that mojo of yours is coming back! Glad you have had a good week and hope Christmas is very merry
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, oh it would be so fantastic if my mojo came back soon! :) Our week so far is lovely, in a way it is unhectic, because all I had to wrap is wrapped, all that we had to send to my in-laws is long underway, so that Tilda and I can make biscuits and sing Christmas songs (and do laundry!). :)
      We love this year's preparation for Christmas; Tilda seems to enjoy a very melodious Jingle Bells version most and is excited about it when we play it. Christmas here we come! Jan, I wish you a very Merry Christmas too. :)

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  4. Sleep deprivation eats away the mojo. Getting those 4-5 hours on a regular basis helped lift me. Concentrate on the basics, enjoy your first christmas with Tilda and the rest will return.
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DF, over the last nights sleeping was a real pleasure. This is something I have not had often before, for a rather long time by now, and you are absolutely right, I’ll stick to the basics. Christmas will be awesome, I hope, and then there is this issue about the spanking. :D

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  5. You sound much better Nina! So happy you are getting more rest...I am sure you will recover your mojo soon...just remember...one patient step at a time. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, some more sleep works miracles with me. It is just this little bit more that makes everything easier and I am glad about that. And you are right, I hope my mojo returns (soon) and I will wait. Patiently. Anticipating. :)

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  6. Hi Nina, I'm do sorry to hear about your friend and glad there is some positive news. Sounds like you and Tilda are getting into a good routine and I'm glad you are msns to get more sleep and rest. Your mojo will return soon I'm sure :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, although my friend is seriously ill and needs surgery, this is something the doctors will hopefully be able to cure completely. They said it and I believe them. It made everything so much better here. Her parents are as happy as can be, and I am so glad that we do not have a repetition of last year’s disasters right before Christmas. On last year’s eighteenth a friend of mine passed away, and I am thinking of her. But I am sure she is in a good place. And will never be forgotten.
      So, we are very grateful that this year the news are so much better. As a result it is easy for us to be more relaxed. Well, hubby is not that relaxed yet (busy doing business), but Tilda and I are, because we have finished almost everything, apart from the tree. That will be decorated this weekend. :) So, I’ll wait patiently for my mojo to return. :D

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  7. Great to hear your week is going so well. Those 5 hour stretches of sleep are just wonderful aren't they ;) I feel the same as I used to feel on 9 hours of sleep.

    Hope you have a lovely Christmas !

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Callie, thank you for stopping by and welcome! One year ago I wouldn’t have believed just how good a 5 hour stretch of sleep would be! I love that I can have this and this alone brightens my days a lot. :) Merry Christmas to you too!

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete

You are invited to leave a comment. I appreciate your interest and feedback and will try to answer. But please, no insults and don't be rude.