Adult content warning!

Adult content warning!

This blog includes texts which are not suitable for minors. So, if you are under the age of 18 or if my entries might offend you, please leave immediately.

Now!

Shoo! Shoo!

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Family secret



Ok, it is family secret time, and after the horrible weekend I could smile today. That's not due to my granny, because she still does not want to tell all I'd like to know, but that's fine, because I know she enjoys that we are there for her. And I take it as a good sign that she cuts me short when I insist on learning more about her well-being. 

On to the secret ...


One of my grandmas was a heavy smoker, like in really heavy, a chainsmoker. She stopped smoking only after her husband (my grandpa) had retired, so without knowing for sure, I think it was maybe the money that let her reconsider. It could not have been her health, she did not give a damn about that new-fangled sort of thinking. … She got lung cancer at the age of 74 and the doctors took out half of her lung and she was sort of healed. She lived happily for another 15 years afterwards and died of old age, and I still believe that in a way she only died because she wanted to. Her last night was like that, she only needed someone to tell her that it was ok to go, she fell asleep and never woke up again.
She had survived the last four years without her beloved husband and although heartbreak is not too medical a diagnosis, I always thought that she would have lived much longer if grandpa had been there as well. They were deeply in love till the end. (Not a downpost, give it a chance :D )




And only now, because my third granny is so ill, do I look closer at some things of the past again. Never ever before have I wondered about something that was in my grandparents’ bedroom, in their wardrobe, right behind the door. Mind, I am about eleven years in the ttwd business by now, but only now, 3rd February 2015, do I have a few new ideas about this part of the family.

My grandparents had a riding crop in their wardrobe. I knew that and we even went riding a few times, but they never brought this crop along. When anybody asked, their explanation was always that it belonged to my cousin from the south. She was a fervent rider then, but she visited my grandparents only about once a year, and they did not even go riding with her every time she visited. …And the two times I remember that they went riding, they did n o t take this crop along either! 




I cannot really say much about the hair brushes and belts that they had in the bedroom, because this could be pure coincidence. :D And I thought that grandpa’s strop which he used to sharpen his razor with was just a tool for shaving. 

So, finally it sunk in and now I think that they must have been more positively kinky than I’d ever imagined. I admit that my idea is fuelled by their sweet and endless love for each other (imagine Romeo and Juliet in very old) up to the bitter end.

You know what, it took me all my life to see something which should have been rather obvious. Seriously, thinking back, I’d say the signs have been there all the time. And right now I feel like the slowest thinker on planet earth, but with a smile. 

10 comments :

  1. I must remember the riding excuse with my kids.... given hubby is allergic to horses I don't see it working very well :)
    Always interesting what makes us what we are and how the clues are often right under our noses.
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DF, you are absolutely right, there have been lots of clues, but who would think that their grandparents could have something like ttwd. I wouldn't even want to imagine any other things that went on in their bedroom, but I do like that they maybe/probably have been adventurous in the bedroom.
      Hmm, P might be allergic to horses, but either he is or he could pretend to be a hobby chef, so that maybe not too many questions would be asked about wooden spoons or spatulas in the bedroom. :)

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  2. LOL Nina...my great grandma had a sharp tongue and I can remember my great grandpa swatting her for something she said as he walked by her. Oh and he had a razor strop that hung on the back of their bedroom door...I did see him sharpen his razor and knife with it but that doesn't mean he didn't use it for something else also! ;) Thanks for bringing back a fun memory for me. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, I have seen my grandpa use the razor strop for sharpening his razor, too, though I do not recall that he ever swatted my grandma’s bottom. I do recall some encounters when my grandma bit her tongue though, not to say something too unpleasant. I thought it was only due to her decency, now I’d say it was because of what would happen once the granddaughter is out of the house! I love this idea, because they have been really very much in love and close and it means they were pretty naughty at times too. :)
      I am happy that you have such a great memory about your great grandparents and it seems that this part of their life was incredibly exciting!

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  3. LoL Nina, you just never know. It's amazing what we see when we look through our spanko eyes lol.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, you are absolutely right. To see them this way took me 35 years, I am curious what I will discover when I am 70! And looking through spanko eyes is definitely a lot of fun. :D

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  4. Hi Nina, lol, these oldies were there way before us! We have a crop in our toy box that actually belonged to my youngest who was pony mad. When he gave up riding I kept the crop and sold the pony!! I don't have any memories of any thing like this in our family though, am going to start the trend. :)
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, you are definitely right! Somehow I never had imagined my grandparents doing ttwd, no idea why, though.
      LoL, well I do know why you kept the crop, apart from the sweet memories. You could always add one or two clues for your family, to puzzle them :) … But the initiated would understand the trend you started. :)

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete
  5. LOL Nina! :) Very fun and interesting! You just never know, right? Thanks for sharing that with us.

    It's fun all this ttwd mindset! It is fun to walk around shops or visit friends and family, and wonder. Jan's comment about starting the trend made me giggle! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, doing ttwd has changed a lot, when I am shopping, I see a lot of things that could be used in the kitchen or the bedroom, e.g. wooden spoons. I can even go to a DIY warehouse and enjoy it a lot, all the different bamboo canes alone are worth a visit! :) Oh yes, looking at people and wondering happens virtually every day, with joy!

      hugs

      Nina

      Delete

You are invited to leave a comment. I appreciate your interest and feedback and will try to answer. But please, no insults and don't be rude.